April 1, 2021 – Gas TSO of Ukraine (GTSOU) implements a digital technological information management system to monitor the state of the gas transmission system (GTS) based on the ITT-PIMS system. It will make it possible to build a unified system of certification, assessment, forecasting and monitoring of safe operation of the main and auxiliary equipment of the GTS. This is the next step for the Company to implement initiatives to digitalize processes as part of its corporate strategy.
GTSOU’s partner in this project is the “E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute” NAS of Ukraine. Its specialists will assist the Company in the implementation of the software product “Information and analytical system for managing the technical condition and integrity of the facilities of pipeline transport networks “ITT-PIMS”. This software package offers the PIMS (Pipeline Integrity Management Systems) process management information system for gas transportation systems.
The software product will allow to implement a comprehensive assessment of the technical condition and safety of the operation of gas pipelines, to determine the technical condition of the infrastructure, to conduct risks assessment, and develop plans for their prevention and mitigation. All work is planned to be completed by the end of this year.
“Digitalization and automation based on the principles of Industry 4.0 are important tasks facing the Ukrainian GTS. The concept of this initiative is to digitize and automate gas infrastructure and operational process by investing in appropriate hardware and software systems. The key goal is to reduce operational expenses and improve the reliability and efficiency of the infrastructure. The introduction of the PIMS system will provide a powerful expert tool that increases the stability of gas transportation both in Ukraine and for our European partners”, – said Yurii Zyabchenko, Chief Engineer of GTSOU.
The information and analytical system will consist of 52 modules and 3 subsystems, which are aimed at the following processes and tasks:
- formation of a spatial database of facilities of the linear part of main gas pipelines (LPMP) and their surroundings, development of tools for managing spatial data;
- certification of main and auxiliary equipment and systems, development of a technological information management tool;
- graphical display of data on LPMP and objects of the environment;
- management of spatial and monitoring data of air patrolling (including materials of photo/video recording of violations of security zones of MG)
- technological document flow of divisions in the area of operation of the LPMP, documentation management, reporting;
- land cadastral registration of the territories where the main gas pipeline passes;
- management of the results of diagnostics and repairs of LPMP facilities, interpretation of the results;
- analytical assessment of the technical condition of the LPMP facilities (including integral assessment according to a certain group of criteria);
- risk management of the LPMP operation;
- repair planning;
- management of the budget for the repair works of the LPMP;
- integration of the System with the “Industrial Automation and Control Systems” (IACS) based on SAP ERP and others.